Beach fun, in the sun, by the ocean... something that most people will find easy to write about. Share experiences that you have had in this setting. First, how about a sensory description using words that accurately share how you feel, in terms of: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste?
Next, tell about a few of your favorite beach games and activities. Share some of your favorite memories experienced while playing in nature's biggest sandbox and swimming pool. Describe how the beach and everything related to it, affects your feelings and emotions.
If you have never been to the ocean, write of experiences with other recreational areas involving large amounts of sand, water and fun. This may include lakes, reservoirs or even water theme parks.
Word Bank - Sand; Sea Shells; Body Surfing; Life Guards; Picnics; Waves; Ocean; Swim Suits; Volleyball; Party; Snorkeling; Jogging; Barefoot; Beach House; Beach Ball; Cooler; Dock; Fins; Sea Gulls; Hat; Island; Lagoon; Paddle-boat; Palm Trees; Salt Water; Sharks; Sunglasses; Sun Tan; Towel; Weekend; Bikini; Coral; Frisbee; Sandals; Sunburn; Tsunami; Umbrella; Yacht
May we prompt you?
1. Write about your first trip to the beach.
2. Describe your favorite beach apparel.
3. What would be some advantages and disadvantages to living on the beach.
4. Where do you think the term "beach bum" comes from?
5. What kind of "beach creature" (non-human) would you like to be?
6. Use all 5 senses in describing an early morning walk along the beach.
7. Plan the perfect "beach party".
8. Think of three educational purposes that could be achieved with a class field trip to the beach.