World's Best - Daily Writing Prompt
A daily writing prompt provides consistent and meaningful
time on task ...adding purpose to the process!
Home of the
Daily Ten Pencil Joggers
Years of teaching and coaching cross-country have taught me that writers and runners share a common challenge... it's often hard to get started. Our Pencil Joggers
address this problem with just the right amount of help, an important step in creating "quality time on task" in the writing classroom.
to ignite the writing process
Meaningful prompts fuel the consistent exercise needed for the growth and development of young writers. We add purpose to the process, by offering a simple and secure venue
for the sharing of students' work online. This invitation to "publish" creates confidence and a desire to produce good work.
for daily writing practice
Personal improvement (output) is usually a direct function of quality time on task (input). Consistent and meaningful writing practice helps balance both sides of this equation, resulting in positive achievement gains in all areas.
Establishing a program that helps a student love writing, while producing quality content is not easy. A "daily writing prompt" has been the first step toward making it happen in my classroom.
A Publishing Platform
to make the process more meaningful
These prompts are free and open for use by young authors all around the world. This website may be used as a virtual filing cabinet, full of great ideas, or as a publishing platform from which students can share their best work with others.
I hope that everyone involved with your educational community will become familiar with, and feel comfortable using, this online resource.
From My Desk to Yours,
Best Wishes, Coach Hart
Click here to learn more about the author and get a "big picture" overview of this website: its purpose, design, and effective implementation.
* * * *
- Prompts to Publishing
- "Prompts to Publishing" accurately describes both content and purpose of this educational website, a common sense approach to daily writing practice.
- A teachers Guide
- This teachers guide to a Daily Writing Prompt offers a quick overview of the program, along with some important suggestions for its effective implementation.
- Complete List of Daily Writing Prompts
- A complete list of the prompts used in this new and innovative "prompts to publishing" learning program.
- Story Starters
- A daily writing prompt resource that features great, online story starters.
- Daily Ten Archive
- This daily ten archive links to past weekly editions offered by the Daily Writing Prompt web site.
- Daily Ten Prompts
- This page of daily ten prompts features a different set of ten minute prompts for each new week of the school year.
- Animals and Us
- "Animals and Us" is the topic for students to explore with these Daily Ten writing prompts.
- Building Better Classrooms
- "Building Better Classrooms" is the topic for students to explore with these Daily Ten writing prompts page.
- Food Matters
- "Food Matters" is the topic for students to explore in this Daily Ten writing prompts page.
- Descriptive Writing Prompts
- Have fun with these descriptive writing prompts designed to spark the use of figurative language, rich detail and powerful imagery.
- Persuasive Writing Prompts
- These persuasive writing prompts, based on issues that are age-appropriate and relevant will help them master the art of "message control".
- Narrative Writing Prompts
- Ignite tinder from one's own life experiences and imagination with these narrative writing prompts that will keep the creative fires burning.
- Creative Writing Prompts
- A wide variety of creative writing prompts full of fun and interesting topics that are sure to give young authors something to write about.
- Journal Writing Prompts
- Keeping a record of one's thoughts, feelings, and experiences becomes much easier with these journal writing prompts
- Expository Writing Prompts
- Students will improve their ability to explain non fiction ideas in a clear and meaningful way using these expository writing prompts.
- February Writing Prompts
- This February Writing Prompts calendar will help spark great prompts for daily writing practice.
- March Writing Prompts
- This March writing prompts calendar will help spark great prompts for daily writing practice.
- April Writing Prompts
- This April writing prompts calendar will help spark great prompts for daily writing practice.
- TOEFL Test Preparation
- This Daily Writing Prompt page introduces the TOEFL iBT® test offers valuable resources and writing prompts for effective preparation.
- TOEFL Prompts
- This Daily Writing Prompt page features weekly TOEFL prompts (writing and speaking) for English language learners in preparation for the TOEFL iBT Test. .
- TOEFL Timed Essay
- This TOEFL timed essay page provides expert advice for effectively using the free resources provided on this website
- Grammar Coach
- The Grammar Coach guides writers at all levels in proper language use, writing form and function.
- Picture Book Prompts
- These picture book prompts are a great springboard into your next daily writing activity.
- Book Reflections
- These book reflections are literature based prompts that offer literature as writing springboards, propelling young authors into a wide range of potential topics.
- Prompt Free Writing
- A prewriting technique called free writing, in which the author writes continuously for a set period of time without regard to spelling, grammar, or topic
- best learning sites
- Just one click away from many of the world's best learning sites, this simple directory, covering all subject areas, should put a smile on any teacher's face.
- Reference Library
- Some great online reference materials are featured in this Daily Writing Prompt Reference Library.
- Daily Writing Prompt Mailbox
- Our Daily Writing Prompt Mailbox allows for questions and comments regarding this website.
- Typing Practice Supplement
- This typing practice supplement provides an opportunity to learn vocabulary and how to quickly and correctly type words and phrases related to this week's TOEFL prompt.
...building a 5 paragraph essay
K & J ...educational content
April Fools - A great excuse for fun pranks and practical jokes. Any favorites? w/video
Timed Essay Topics
May we prompt you?
scroll down, there's more...