Is there someone in your life who qualifies for the title of "My Hero"? Share a few of your thoughts and feelings on that person, past or present.
Do your best in selecting just the right adjectives (describing words) that will help paint a complete and accurate picture of your hero, inside and out. Help the reader visualize not only their physical make up, but also other important personal attributes and characteristics that are not so obvious from first impressions.
A quick personality profile would be helpful in establishing the character image that you are attempting to portray. What makes them fun to be around? How do they respond in different situations? Is there someone, or something you could compare them with.
Finally, use rich, figurative language, to help this figure come alive. Perhaps a brief story or two from shared experiences would help the reader better understand why this someone is so special in your life.
Word Bank - revere; admire; esteem; poster; respect; look up to; treasure; follow; mentor; famous; idolize; superstar; adore; honor; value; prize; cherish; appreciate; autograph; pattern; watch; example; model; measure; venerate; embrace;
May we prompt you?
1. What kind of personal qualities to you admire in others.
2. How important is personal appearance in your selection of someone to pattern your life after.
3. Has your opinion of someone ever changed after finding out they're not as "perfect" as you thought.
4. Should the behavior of sports personalities and other public figures be held to a higher standard because of their influence on others.
5. What kind of personal characteristics would disqualify someone from achieving "hero" status in your eyes?
6. Write about your favorite "Super Hero".