Describing a character's physical appearance can be challenging, but accurate personality profiles can be even more complicated. Perhaps this is why behavior is often detailed using animal-like comparisons.
Have you ever likened a personality to that of a particular non-human creature. For example, "She's meaner than a junkyard dog", or, "He's sneakier than a slithering snake". For some reason, certain animals have been labeled with particular personality traits, some good... others not so much.
Which animal do you think others would say best matches your own personality. Explain why! Include specific traits both you and your animal match have in common.
Note - if you're not really sure, perhaps this online survey will help identify the "animal in you".
Word Bank - adventurous; affectionate; ambitious; annoyed; babyish; bossy; brave; brilliant; calm; charming; compassionate; confident; cowardly; cruel; daring; decisive; easygoing; enthusiastic; foolish; friendly; funny; generous; gloomy; gullible; happy; honest; immature; impatient; industrious; innocent; lazy; loving; mean; mischievous; obnoxious; persistent; pompous; reliable; religious; stubborn; sweet; talented; thoughtful; trusting see more traits.
May we prompt you?
1. What kind of people do you like to hang around with?
2. Do you think it's possible for people to change the way they are? Explain.
3. What kind of personality do you think is important for those who choose teaching as a profession.
4. Compare and contrast the personality of your parents.
5. Do a character sketch of your favorite T.V. personality.
6. Would you rather be very boring, but physically great looking, or have a "knock-out" personality with very ordinary physical features.