Imagine that you are given the opportunity to live a bugs life with the added intelligence of a human. This adaptation allows you to write about the experience (the point of this prompt).
Next, consider the environmental setting of your chosen insect. Bugs are found in all locations and survive every kind of weather imaginable. Your adventures as a bug could literally take you anywhere on this earth.
Finally, for their size, bugs are incredibly powerful, are blessed with amazing camouflage and have a variety of survival skills (not to mention a little poison) at their disposal. All of these factors add up to a great adventure story. Let's hear it!
Word Bank - mosquito; butterfly; moth; cicada; horsefly; beetle; wasp; bee; preying mantis; stickbug; flea; dragonfly; fly; grasshopper; ladybug; ant; predator; camouflage; survival; poison; cocoon; colony; hive; egg; grub; larva; caterpillar; cockroach;
May we prompt you?
1. Write about a "creepy experience" involving bugs.
2. If you had to be a bug, which one would you choose and why?
3. What would be the best (and worst) part about being a bug.
4. Why are bugs so important to our ecosystem?
5. Write about a business (money) that could be made related to bugs.
6. What bugs are most common to your area? How do you deal with them?
7. Write a funny story about bugs.