Your assignment is to write about the best gift, either given or received by you. This would include Christmas, birthday or any other special occasion of the year.
Everyone has memories of a particular present that will never be forgotten. Usually gifts given bring more happiness than those received.
In your writing, first describe in detail the gift given and what the occasion was? What do you think made it such a special gift? Who was it given to and what was their reaction?
Remember, there are many kinds of gifts. Some are gifts of love and are not wrapped in brightly colored paper. Others are home made, not purchased at the store.
Word Bank - birthday; anniversary; Christmas; love; presents; personal; health; time; sacrifice; home-made; fun; diamonds; dinner; flowers; service; keepsake; trust; friendship; loyalty; thoughtful; creative; family vacation; make-over; memories; photograph; letter; hand-made craft; child's art; grandma's quilt; first car
May we prompt you?
1. What makes a gift special?
2. Write about the most unusual gift you have ever received (or given).
3. Write about a memorable gift that cost a lot of time, but absolutely zero money.
4. Some gifts can not be wrapped in brightly colored paper, tell about such a present.
5. You've been offered a trip to the destination of your choice with one other person. Who would you choose as your traveling partner, and where would you go?
6. Often giving is much more exciting than receiving, write about such a time.