"What's for dinner?"
"I'm hungry, lets eat!" How many times each day are these words repeated by kids coming home for lunch, or dinner. Everyone has their favorite menu from "Mom's Diner"!
Tell about a home cooked meal so good that it makes you drool with anticipation, just thinking about it.
This daily writing prompt asks you to paint a picture of your favorite meal. Use adjectives so accurate and descriptive that those reading this response will be able to visualize the dining room table and food dishes exactly as they will be set.
For a more difficult challenge, try to get the readers so completely engaged with this description that they are able to smell and taste each serving of food. You goal as an author is to make your readers feel as if they were actually sitting at the table and enjoying this meal with you and your family.
Word Bank - hungry; sweet; tart; scrumptious; tempting; craving; taste; superior; thirst; delectable; fruity; plentiful; snack; lip-smacking; starter; main dish; satisfying; abundant; inviting; tasty; tantalizing; spread; mouth-watering; juicy; lovely; finger foods; dip; savory; dessert; copious; stuffed; delicious; vintage; yummy; succulent; spicey; peppery; moist; hot; zesty
May we prompt you?
1. What's your favorite meal and menu?
2. Give a sensory description of your favorite dish?
3. How do you like your eggs cooked and what do you like to eat them with.
4. Spicy... or not? How hot is "hot enough" for you?
5. Let's talk about drinks. What's your beverage of choice, while eating?
6. Who does the cooking at your house?
7. What's your favorite meal to prepare?
8. Share a funny kitchen experience.
9. How do home cooked meals compare with fast foods, in your opinion?
10. Describe your favorite dessert (use all five senses).