Pretend that you are a modern day pharaoh (ruler). Imagine (for the sake of this writing prompt) that the title alone grants you respect normally reserved for gods in ancient times.
The Egyptians believed in taking their material possessions with them into the afterlife. Your first matter of business is to publish a "royal decree" detailing the construction of your pyramid along with those items that are to be buried with you for use in the next life.
Remember that you are living in these modern days, so you will have access to all of the modern day technology there is to offer, not to mention millions of people at your disposal. As for the items to be buried in the pyramid with you, everything you have ever wanted would be also be yours for the taking.
Word Bank - ankh; cartouche; ka; mummy; obelisk; papyrus; pharaoh; pyramid; sarcophagus; scarab; sphinx; temple; tomb; Red Sea; silt; Thebes; Valley of the Kings; hieroglyph; Mediterranean Sea; Nile River; oasis; archaeologist; artifact; Cairo; Cleopatra; Ramses the Great; Tutankhamon; amulet; ba; Book of the Dead; canopic jars; hieroglyph; lotus; Ra;
May we prompt you?
1. What challenges would likely face someone trying to build something as big as the Great Pyramid in today's world?
2. How would you, as Pharaoh, keep your people happy and willing to work and serve your royal family?
3. What aspect of ancient Egyptian life is most fascinating to you?
4. Are there lessons to be learned for our times, from the Egyptian civilization?
5. In ancient times, water was the most precious resource, around which all ancient civilizations were built. What would say is the precious resource in modern days?
6. How has technology changed the way we are able to study and research past civilizations?