Write about an old friend that you've had in your life. Talk about your relationship with this person, perhaps a family member or neighbor who lives close by. Write a description of their physical appearance and personality. What do you find interesting about them? How do they make you feel?
Describe their home. How is it different from yours?. Tell about any interesting items/pictures they may have on display.
Share some things that you have learned from the elderly people in your life, perhaps a story they have told you. What are some questions you would like to ask them? How is their life different from yours? What can you, and others your age, do to help the older people of our country?
Word Bank - grandparents; treats; neighbor; retired; old-times; memories; gifts; stories; antiques; friendship; quiet; pictures; storybooks; candy; fishing; quilts; sewing; visiting; cards;
May we prompt you?
1. How does old age change one's physical appearance?
2. How is having an older friend different from having one your own age?
3. What kind of treats can be found at grandma's house?
4. What do you like to talk about with your elderly friends?
5. Share a fun memory from spending time with your grandparents.
6. Many retired people are lonely. Is there something that your generation can do to help with this problem.
7. What are some of the challenges faced by those who are living their "golden years"?